Directly Sponsor Local Journalism
Your tax-deductible donation ensures these Pasadena-area news organizations have ongoing funding for locally based journalists assigned to community news beat reporting.
Directly Sponsor Local News Projects
Your tax -deductible donation ensures that these Pasadena-area journalism projects are funded in whole or in part. Some projects represent ongoing programs while others are limited in scope or duration.
The Arroyo Channel Local News Reporting
Support hyper-local community news cablecasts on Charter/Spectrum Channel 32, ATT UVerse Channel 99 in Pasadena, YouTube and OTT (Roku, etc.) live streams
Pasadena Media News Updates
Local short-form news updates optimized for mobile platforms. Distributed on The Arroyo Channel, YouTube, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV and other live streams
Pasadena Now Local Education News Reporting
Help fund coverage of the Pasadena Unified School District, Pasadena Community College, the California Institute of Technology and other schools with a tax-deductible donation
The Conversation Live Local News Reporting
The program, produced and hosted by James Farr, is a 20-episode series that looks at issues through a hyperlocal lens. New episodes air throughout the summer Mondays at 8 p.m.
The Pasadena Media Foundation is well aware that every dollar counts when saving local news. That's why our volunteer administrators have made every effort to keep administrative costs to the bare minimum.
For every dollar donated, 95% goes to the specific news organization or local journalism projects you select. The remaining 5% represents mandatory credit card service bureau charges, bank service fees, government filing fees and various accounting and insurance costs. In short, our operating expenses are VERY low, and we make every effort to keep them that way.
By way of comparison, here are the percentages of donated funds that go to programs for several other highly rated charities that many of us support...
American Red Cross: 91% to programs*
Doctors Without Borders: 89% to programs*
The Nature Conservancy: 71.2% to programs*
Please consider saving local news with an ongoing monthly tax-deductible donation to the organization or project of your choice. You will have an option to make a recurring donation after making a selection.